Cinder Block Brewery set to open on Friday, September 27
- Sabrina Staires
- Brewer Bryan Buckingham and owner Bryce Schaffter will have plenty to smile about next Friday.
The pints are ready to be poured in the Northland. Cinder Block Brewery (110 East 18th Avenue, North Kansas City), part of the new wave of microbreweries coming to Kansas City (featured in this Pitch cover story from July), will have its grand opening at noon on Friday, September 27.
They’ll have six beers on tap to start (see the list and descriptions of the beers from owner Bryce Schaffter after the jump). The new taproom will be open from Wednesday through Sunday. The hours will be 4-9 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday, 4-10 p.m. Friday, 12-10 p.m. Saturday and 12-5 p.m. Sunday.Here are the six beers from brewer Bryan Buckingham (formerly of the 23rd Street Brewery, 75th Street Brewery and Free State Brewing Co.) that will be available next Friday:
1. Grains of Wraith: IPA fermented with French oak and chardonnay
2. Northtown Native: California Common full-flavored light beer
3. Pavers Porter: Brown Porter made with light chocolate malt
4. Block IPA: IPA dry-hopped with 12 pounds of hops
5. Weathered Wit: Belgian-style witbier made with 2 pounds of fresh orange zest
6. Batch 2: Extra Pale ale hopped with New Zealand hops
Cinder Block joins the Big Rip Brewing Co. (216 East Ninth Avenue), which opened this May in North Kansas City.