A big helping of worry at the dinner table

This excellent story in today’s New York Times poses a thought-provoking question: Is it becoming more dangerous to eat? America supposedly has one of the safest food supplies in the world, yet NYT writers Andrew Martin and Gardiner Harris point out that in the past few weeks, a college coed in Washington State “became gravely ill after eating a salad in her school cafeteria.” An Ohio man became temporarily paralyzed after eating chili dogs and — more terrifying — a California woman spent three months on life support after drinking unpasteurized milk.

(Image via Flickr: sleepy disco)

 

Categories: Dining, Food & Drink