What to do this weekend — our suggestions
2. Party down in Independence Square, where the Santa Cali Gon Days Festival kicks off today.
3. Party downtown, where the Kansas City Irish Festival starts today.
4. Get ready for some football — Australian style. On Saturday, local Australian rules football teams square off in Gillham Park.
5. Get greasy. The two-day rockabilly car/art/movie/drinking fest known as Greaserama happens Saturday and Sunday at Boulevard Drive-In.
6. Go swimming for the last time. Jackson County beaches close for swimming on Monday, which happens to be Labor Day.