What to do this weekend
1. Crawl the Crossroads. It’s First Friday, and the streets will be full of music and art and people who stumble into the area once a month for those very reasons.
2. Throw a little dough at the issue of AIDS awareness — while enjoying a play. A slew of local stars of the stage are presenting Pride & Joy and other plays by Paul Rudnick at the Unicorn Theater over the next few weeks. Proceeds support AIDS Walk KC.
3. Dress up like it’s the Victorian Age and hop on a bike. The KC Tweed Ride begins at 1 p.m. Saturday in Loose Park.
4. Get in a pillow fight. The Kansas City Pillow Fight is at 2 p.m. in Mill Creek Park (by the fountain at 47th Street and J. C. Nichols Parkway).
5. Party with us. Artopia, The Pitch‘s annual spring festival of fashion, music and art takes over Screenland at 7 p.m. Saturday.
6. Shake the Easter Bunny’s paw, but don’t cut it off for good luck. He’ll be at the downtown Marriott Hotel between 10 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Sunday during a special Easter brunch.