Weekend Events Roundup
By CHRIS PACKHAM
• Meet the Feebles at Liberty Hall. Peter Jackson’s 1987 film about filthy puppets screens at 11:30 p.m. at Liberty Hall (644 Massachusetts in Lawrence, 785-749-1972) Do not bring children to this screening. Unless you hate children.
• The Carquest World of Wheels auto show at Bartle Hall (301 West 13th Street, 816-513-5000). From 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., check out hot rods, concept cars and customized motorcycles.
• The Also Rans with the Pink Socks at Davey’s Uptown Ramblers Club (3402 Main, 816-753-1909). The show starts at 10 p.m.
• These Streets Are Watching, a documentary about police accountability, screens at 5 p.m. at the Solidarity Revolutionary Center & Radical Library (1109 Massachusetts in Lawrence, 785-865-1374). Admission is free.
• UMKC vs. South Dakota State Kemper Arena (1800 Genessee). Tipoff at 7:05 p.m. Tickets cost $5 to $15.
• Galactic, Chali 2NA and Ohmega Watts at The Granada (1020 Massachusetts, Lawrence, Kansas, 785-842-1390).
• The Main Street Rag poetry reading at the Writers Place (3607 Pennsylvania, 816-753-1090). A 7 p.m. poet’s showcase hosted by Shawn Pavey of the Main Street Rag, a literary journal. $5 donation requested.
• American Songwriter Tour II with the Wrights, Stephen Simmons, Jason Eady at Knuckleheads Saloon (2715 Rochester, 816-483-1456). The show starts at 8 p.m.; tickets cost $10.
• Heavy Frequency Awards V with At the Left Hand of God, Iron Guts Kelly, Seeking Surreal, 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the Overland Park Convention Center (6000 College Boulevard in Overland Park, 913 451-7400).