1. Pretend it’s First Friday, not the third. The Charlotte Street Foundation is sponsoring a few openings tonight, including Mythmakers at the Paragraph.
2. Laugh spontaneously. The Holy Cow! improv troupe entertains at the Westport Coffee House theater Friday night.
3. Remember why giving a kid a gun for Christmas is a bad idea. (He’ll shoot his eye out!) The Kansas City Repertory Theater presents A Christmas Story, the Musical! in a run that begins tonight at UMKC’s Spencer Theatre.
4. Celebrate the first anniversary of an art co-op in Olathe. From 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday, the First Art Gallery of Olathe will hold a reception that features food, beverages, art and live music.
5. Get a jump on your holiday shopping, Lithuanian style. There’s a Lithuanian Holiday Market at Lenexa Community Center from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
6. Watch scantily clad ladies wriggle for a good cause. The Kansas City Society of Burlesque performs at Korruption on Saturday night. The show — Shake Your What-Not for Food — benefits Harvesters and Ark of Friends. Admission is $10 or 10 canned goods.
7. Get ready for some football! The Kansas City Chiefs take on the Pittsburgh Steelers at Arrowhead on Sunday.
Find more ways to waste tonight, Saturday and Sunday in The Pitch calendar.
One of these things is not like the other. See why at the Paragraph’s latest art show.