Let’s just assume that the weather is going to be frigid. It’s December, man! It’s supposed to be. So don’t use that as an excuse to stay in the house all weekend like a loser. Especially not when there’s so much going on in Kansas City.
1. First Friday. Yes, there are fewer art openings in winter months, but quite a few Crossroads galleries are braving Old Man Winter tonight.
2. Kansas City Art Institute’s end-of-semester show and sale, today and Saturday. Pick up some artist’s early work, waaaaaaayyyy before she gets famous.
3. Ice skating in Leawood, daily. Make the most of freezing temperatures and hit The Ice at Park Place.
4. Missouri Mavericks vs. Amarillo Gorillas, 7:05 p.m. Saturday. That’s right — hockey!
5. Rivalry game! Chiefs vs. Broncos, noon Sunday.
For more things to do this weekend, see the Pitch calendar.