1. Ogle some very buff, mostly naked men. Chippendales dance at VooDoo Lounge tonight.
2. Sniff out a good-for-nothin’ train robber. Hold Up on Dead Man’s Creek is an interactive murder mystery in production at the Hollywood Room downtown every Thursday, Friday and Saturday through Halloween.
3. Experience the steampunk version of Alice in Wonderland. Bellenwhissle Productions has put a trendy twist on its theatrical production of the Lewis Carroll classic, opening tonight at the Off Center Theatre in Crown Center.
4. Witness the percussive mastery of Tool drummer Danny Carey. He’s participating in a drum clinic sponsored by Explorers Percussion at Shawnee Mission South High School on Saturday afternoon.
5. Take in an old movie. Gary Cooper stars in Sergeant York, screening for free at the National World War One Museum at 1 p.m. Saturday.
6. Appreciate the prettiest insects. There’s butterfly festival happening at the Mr. and Mrs. F.L. Schlagle Environmental Library all weekend.
7. Get hot for burlesque dancers. The Kansas City Society of Burlesque performs Saturday night at West Bottoms bar Korruption.
8. Be a big spender — for a good cause. Plaza Pzazz, the annual fundraiser for Ronald McDonald House features food, music and evening wear at Country Club Plaza on Sunday from 6 to 10 p.m. Tickets are $75.
For more ways to spend your weekend, see the online Pitch calendar.