1. Do the art thing. It’s already First Friday again. (While you’re in the Crossroads, head over to Union Station, for the opening night of Andy Warhol Portfolios: Life and Legends. Get a free beverage if you arrive between 5 and 9 p.m.)
2. Get some culture in Lee’s Summit. Today and Saturday, the Longview Campus of Metropolitan Community Campus is holding a literary festival with workshops, readings and lectures. Nearby, today through Sunday, there’s also the Longview Art and World Music Festival.
3. Shop for unexpected treasures. Urban Mining Homewares — which is open every First Friday, Saturday and Sunday — is celebrating its fifth anniversary.
4. Ogle some hot cars. KCI Cruise Night is a car show (that actually happens during the day on Saturday, from 3 to 8 p.m.) near Kansas City International Airport.
5. Pick out a pumpkin! It being October and all, there are now would-be-jack-o-lanterns aplenty at City Market. The pu kin patch is open 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays.
6. Root on the Chiefs. KC’s underdog football team takes on the New York Giants this Sunday.
For more ways to spend your weekend, see The Pitch calendar.