Screenland Armour’s Arts & Crafts festival returns August 22 and 23 with more beer, bands, films and art
Screenland Armour’s Arts & Crafts Festival returns on August 22 and 23.
What should you expect in year No. 2?
* More than 100 different craft beers, including samples from Jolly Pumpkin, Prairie Artisan Ales, Crooked Stave, Mikkeller, Perennial. Screenland’s Adam Roberts tells me that he’s working on securing some special kegs of beers not available in Kansas City.
* The Kansas City premieres of Life After Beth (Aubrey Plaza, Anna Kendrick, Dane DeHaan), Frank (Michael Fassbender, Maggie Gyllenhaal), Happy Christmas (Lena Dunham, Anna Kendrick), Coherence (Emily Baldoni, Maury Sterling), and Stop Making Sense (the Talking Heads documentary).
* A special screening of Craft, a documentary about, what else, craft beer, thanks to Tallgrass Brewing Co.
* After Craft, a Q&A with brewmasters from Mother’s, New Belgium, Tallgrass, Cinder Block and more.
* Eight local bands, including La Guerre, the American Life, Deco Auto, Various Blonde, Patrick Woolam and more.
* Fifteen local artists will also be on hand showing and selling their wares.
A portion of ticket sales will go to one of three local charities: the Ryan Beye Foundation, Social Heart and Cancervive KC.
Only 300 tickets will be sold. The Pitch is doing an exclusive presale for two-day tickets. They cost $55, which knocks $10 off the price and comes with a tasting glass and eight pints. Buy them here.