McCain wins!!! At Waffle House at least.

By OWEN MORRIS

The day before the election I wrote about how food chains like 7-Eleven and Flying Saucer had conducted their own polling of sorts and had showed Obama winning the election.

Well, call me biased for Obama, but in a snafu of voter fever, I left out the voice of another true American food classic: Waffle House. According to a press release released yesterday from Waffle House headquarters in Norcross, Georgia (note to PR people: The day of the election is not good timing for a fluff press release), the “people have spoken” and “red states win!!!”

Red states not only won there but by a large majority, too, with Waffle House eaters choosing strawberry waffles 58 percent of the time and blueberry waffles garnering the other 42 percent of the vote.

In hindsight, Waffle House CEO Walt Ehmer might want to take back his comment: “With so many polls with various results this election season, we believe ours is the most trusted since it is directly from our customers.”

[Via: Marketwatch]

Categories: Dining, Food & Drink