KC Bier Co. taps a wooden barrel of Maibock Friday night
KC Bier Co. rolls out the barrel Friday night. The German-style Waldo-based brewery taps a big Bavarian wooden barrel of its Maibock at 7 p.m.
In April, KC Bier Co. debuted its Maibock, a golden-red strong lager from the bock family. We’re told that a couple of months ago, KC Bier Co. brewer decided to squeeze a rebrew of the Maibock into the production schedule. Expect a small batch of the lager, which will be available in KC Bier Co.’s taproom.
We were also told that about a month ago, KC Bier Co.’s tasting room manager, Juergen Hager, brought the barrel back from a trip to Munich, rolling the barrel through airports in Frankfurt and Chicago and garnering more than a few odd looks.
In other KC Bier Co. news, the brewery is now in several Johnson County locations, thanks to Crawford Sales.
Here’s where you can grab a bier in JoCo.
- Barley’s Brewhaus (11924 West 119th Street)
- Barley’s Brewhaus (16649 Midland Drive)
- Barley’s Brewhaus (5041 West 135th Street)
- Nick & Jakes (6830 West 135th Street)
- Brewbakers (9482 Renner Road)
- Johnny’s Tavern (8262 Mission Road)
- Rock-N-Brews (5701 West 135th Street)
- Longbranch Steakhouse (9095 Metcalf Avenue)
- Woodside Racquet Club (2000 West 47th Place)
- Minsky’s Pizza (15983 South Bradley Drive)
- Keyhole Tavern (5902 Woodson)