Boulevard Brewing Co. releases 2016 schedule with 10 new beers
Take a look at the calendar above. That, folks, is the future. That’s what we’ll be drinking from Boulevard Brewing Co. in 2016.
Included on the list are 10 new beers — eight of them in the Smokestack Series. The newbies are:
* Session Fruit Pale Ale, which joins the core plus year-round beers Heavy Lifting IPA and Ginger-Lemon Radler in April.
* Early Riser Coffee Porter, which joins the core-plus seasonal beers (think Hibiscus Gose, Funky Pumpkin) from January to March.
Among the new Smokestack beers:
* Rye-on-Rye X – 1 (on Rye), due out in February.
* Smokestack Seasonal, out in March.
* Tripel Julep, out in April.
* Love Child No. 7, out in May.
* Collaboration No. 6, out in July.
* Rye-on-Rye X -2, out in August.
* Funkier Pumpkin, out in September.
* Imperial Stout X- TBD, out in October.
Also, it appears that Chocolate Ale may be getting a tweak: raspberry.
Of course, release dates on all of these beers are subject to change.
So what’s missing? Spring Belle Saison (March-April) and Zon Belgian-Style Witbier (March-August), both core seasonals, look to have dropped off the calendar. Also, there will be just one Imperial Stout X next year (versus four this year) and only one Love Child release (compared with two this year). But we’re getting more Rye-on-Rye — expect this year’s Rye-on-Rye on liquor store shelves this week — and a Funkier Pumpkin.
And there’s always the mystery Smokestack Seasonal. We’ll have to check in with Boulevard to see what’s up with the new stuff and the beers falling off the calendar.
For more, see Boulevard.com.